We are living in a world that is becoming more and more connected and with the advent of devices that are connected to the Internet [IoT] and Artificial Intelligence [AI] – the need for Encryption methods to protect against cyber attacks is growing in importance.
As people, we are connected to the internet constantly, mostly with our phones, and thus we have already seen development in areas of blockchain encrypted communication with new devices such as the world’s first crypto communicator and blockchain smartphone, the BitVault®.
There are wide applications for encrypted communication such as calling, messaging, document transfer etc., in the areas of Defence Technology, Financial Technology, Media Technology and other industries.
Areas of development:
- Applications that use EOT for encrypted communication, document and data management. [Cryptodoc, Secure Messaging Apps ]
- Encrypted payment systems [ Including secure and encrypted Crypto Wallets ]
- Blockchain verification [ e.g. eliminating fake news ]
- “Open Sourcing” software to encourage EOT encryption enabled development.
- Toolkits for Hardware and Software Engineers to facilitate EOT enabled App development
- Development of EOT wallets and payment systems
- Creating an Application environment and App store to enable EOT blockchain applications [BitVault® App store]
- Manufacturing physical communication devices that are encrypted with EOT [ The BitVault® ]
In our ever connecting world, we are now entering an era where billions of devices are being connected to the internet, creating a massive transfer of data that needs to be facilitated and also secured against online attacks.
- Applications that provide EOT / blockchain enabled encryption to internet gateways [ Encrypted Routers ]
- Applications that protect us against hackers spying on us [ Encrypted Security Cameras ]
- Toolkits that provide hardware and software engineers the ability to develop EOT enabled applications and products.
- Manufacturing of EOT enabled encryption devices [ Encrypted chips or other electronic components]
This is certainly not a short-term area of development and we foresee long-term development opportunities for EOT. We discuss two more areas below as an example.
EOC – Encryption of Cities
What is a “Smart City”?
According to Wikipedia
“A smart city is an urban area that uses different types of electronic data collection sensors to supply information used to manage assets and resources efficiently. This includes data collected from citizens, devices, and assets that is processed and analyzed to monitor and manage traffic and transportation systems, power plants, water supply networks, waste management, law enforcement, information systems, schools, libraries, hospitals, and other community services. The smart city concept integrates information and communication technology (ICT), and various physical devices connected to the network (the Internet of things or IoT) to optimize the efficiency of city operations and services and connect to citizens. Smart city technology allows city officials to interact directly with both community and city infrastructure and to monitor what is happening in the city and how the city is evolving.”
As can be seen from the above, internet connected devices are used in smart cities to measure anything and everything. One of the major issues about these measurements is the integrity of the data, from where and how it is collected and how it is transferred.
Encryption of this data and protection against cyber attackers and hackers are essential to protect our cities. EOT can play a major part in this.
There are the following areas of development:-
- Applications that can be loaded onto current devices
- Toolkits that would enable hardware engineers to integrate EOT encryption and blockchain technology into connected devices.
- Manufacturing of Encryption devices.
EOL Encryption of Logistics
There are a lot of areas in logistics where blockchain technology can be employed to alleviate potential issues and risks.
- Transportation is a high-risk area where high-value goods are easily stolen, adulterated, or exchanged and it is difficult to monitor goods in real time.
- Cargo owner or logistics enterprises cannot always automatically obtain and monitor the location of the vehicles. These vehicles are often provided by a third-party logistics enterprise (including private vehicles attached to the enterprise). Although all logistics vehicles have been connected as required to the national integrated network and monitoring system for commercial vehicles, vehicle location information cannot be obtained automatically and must be queried manually.
- In the absence of real-time monitoring of valuable goods, such as in a convoy, there could be high cost as the logistics enterprise and the goods owner cannot detect any abnormal situations in time and they have to fix any problems later.
- The entire cold chain logistics lacks information transparency. It is a difficult task to ensure food and drug quality.
Blockchain technology has tremendous potential to solve these problems and coupled with the logistics application there are also related applications of trade finance which are integral to the movement of goods.
There are large organizations currently building all kinds of tracking and measurement devices to accumulate data, all of these data need to be secured and trusted for integrity.
EOT can play a major part in blockchain logistics and trade finance.
There are the following areas for development:-
- Encrypted data transfer applications.
- Toolkits that would allow hardware engineers to integrate EOT into measurement devices
- Manufacturing of encrypted devices for measurement and tracking
- Blockchain encryption for the transfer of secure trade documentation
- Blockchain verification of goods, deliveries etc.
- Encrypted secure internal and cross-border payment.
As can be seen from these examples there are areas of development for EOT for at least the next ten years and beyond.
Truly, IoT needs EOT…
Click below to learn more about “The Golden Triangle – The Blockchain, Encryption and Physical Devices”
EOT Coin Blog Comment Bounty – Get 100 EOT free – Leave a comment below, share it on twitter and post the link on a forum and we will send you 100 EOT – Post your comment, EOT Coin Wallet address, tweet and forum link in the comments below First 50 people qualify [maybe more ???? ]
Introducing the World’s First Blockchain phone, the BitVault®
Download the FREE BIT-MEDIA APP below!