London has held onto their “FinTech Capital of the World” status, however, joint with Singapore.
“The UK has long been a leader when it comes to FinTech and so it’s great to see our position is unchanged. It does, however, highlight the prominence of other cities vying for a slice of the pie,” warned City of London policy chairman Mark Boleat. “With competition rising, it’s important for the UK to continue championing innovation whilst maintaining the right degree of regulation to see our fintechs thrive. We are committed to strengthening FinTech in the UK and are hopeful we can continue to lead in this sector.” Read the full article here
A new London FinTech hub is coming to the Square Mile as the existing co-working spaces are not keeping pace with the demand and number of new FinTech startups emerging. “The City occupier base has diversified significantly over the past decade and with the right policy environment and developer investment, the Square Mile will be a natural home for global tech,” said CPA president Mark Ridley. Read the full article here
LONDON’S PREMIERE FINTECH EVENT IS BIGGER THAN EVER AND BACK FOR A FOURTH YEAR – Secure your seat at London FinTech Week – 7 to 14 July 2017 – Book Here
- What’s the biggest opportunity for UK fintech after Brexit? Here’s what those in the know say ahead of the Innovate Finance Global Summit
- The Innovate Finance Global Conference held in London
- How financial regulator the FCA is working to keep London the global FinTech capital post-Brexit
- Embracing the FinTech revolution
- Big Banks poised to scoop up FinTech startups
- UK fintech startups to watch: The hottest UK FinTech startups, from challenger banks to peer-to-peer lending
Get your copy of What is Bitcoin
This e-book on Amazon explains what Bitcoin is, it explains that Bitcoin (BTC) is a virtual currency, digital not physical, and independent of banks. Useful links and resources for the newbie and advanced Bitcoiner or cryptocurrency enthusiast.