Vinny Lingham, CEO of Civic and Angel Investor, is speaking out about support for a contentious Hard Fork which creates another Bitcoin. According to Lingham, we need to convince miners and the Bitcoin community not to consider doing a Bitcoin Unlimited Hard Fork.
Discussion points from the article:-
- Exchanges confirmed they would list BTU (Bitcoin Unlimited) as an altcoin should there be a Hard Fork
- Bitcoin’s greatest Asset is its brand awareness – the strongest brand in crypto space
- Bitcoin Unlimited will just become an altcoin if it does not have majority support – why does it matter
- Aren’t two coins better than one – the market will adjust
- Bitcoin has died many times, it can survive a Hard Fork – even Ethereum did
- Who cares if 30% of the miners fork off?
- Bitcoin has a product and people problem, not a technical problem. A fork will resolve it because both sides get what they want
Read: A Fork in the Road
Need to understand Bitcoin? Watch these explainer videos to learn more:-
25% discount when you purchase Cryptopay debit card – CLICK HERE
Get a FREE BITCOIN EDUCATION and keep abreast of the news by following
Please leave your comments below